XAPK is another Android application package format.
- XAPK file = APK file + OBB data file
- XAPK file = Base APK file + Split APK files
Sometimes when we download a game from the Internet, we may meet an APK file with one or two OBB files, or only multiple APK files can be downloaded. If you would love to install these types of application packages on LDPlayer, you can choose to form a XAPK file that can be run on LDPlayer. This article will show you how to form a XAPK file.
First of all, make sure that you have installed the following software on your PC.
Secondly, click on the following link to download a RAR file. http://encdn08.ldmnq.com/other/xapk.rar After you download the file, extract it into any directory. Now that there are several types of application packages, we will illustrate each of these in the following sections.
An APK file with one OBB file (Take Free Fire for example)
1. Open the xapk folder and then open the xapk(1obb) folder where there are an Android folder and a manifest.json file.
2. Place your downloaded APK file in the xapk(1obb) folder and rename it to the package name of the game. The filename of this APK file should only include the package name. If there are any other characters in it, something will go wrong.
3. Go forward to the package name folder by openning the Android folder and obb folder, and rename it to the real package name of the game.
4. Copy your downloaded OBB file to the folder you just renamed.
5. Go back to the xapk(1obb) folder and edit the manifest.json file with Notepad++.
6. Change all package name in the following picture to the real package name of the game, change game name to the real game name and change main.number.package name.obb to the filename of your downloaded OBB file. Please note that the file name extension '.obb' of OBB file should not be lost.
7. Click Save in Notepad++ and then close Notepad++.
8. Press Ctrl+A to select all in the xapk(1obb) folder, and click Add to archive... afterwards.
9. Select ZIP and then click OK.
10. Change the file name extension zip of the new compressed file to xapk.
Up to now you have successfully made the first type of XAPK file.
An APK file with two OBB files
You will see an additional OBB file whose filename is like patch.number.package name.obb when downloading games like RULES OF SURVIVAL and Perfect World Mobile. This time you need to open the xapk(2obb) folder in the xapk folder in order to form the second type of XAPK file and then complete most of the same steps as those listed above. The different steps you need to take are the topic of this section.
In step 4, owing to two OBB files, you have to copy both of them to the folder you renamed.
In step 6, you still have to change all package name to the real package name of the game, change game name to the real game name. The differences are that you ought to change main.number.package name.obb to the filename of your downloaded OBB file whose filename is like main.number.package name.obb and that you should change patch.number.package name.obb to the filename of another OBB file whose filename is like patch.number.package name.obb.
Multiple APK files
The last type of XAPK file can be formed from multiple APK files which can only be found when downloading games such as World of Dragon Nest (WoD) and Hero Cantare with WEBTOON.
1. Open the xapk folder and then open the xapk(napk) folder where there is a manifest.json file.
2. Place all your downloaded APK files in it.
3. Edit the manifest.json file with Notepad++.
4. Do the following things.
Your manifest.json should be like the following one if you have downloaded two APK files.
Your manifest.json should be like the following one if you have downloaded four APK files.
5. Press Ctrl+A to select all in the xapk(napk) folder, and click Add to archive... afterwards.
The next steps are exactly the same as steps 9 to 10. Please note that the last type of XAPK file cannot be installed by dragging it into LDPlayer. If you would like to install this type of XAPK file now, you have to do the things below. Place it in PC Shared Folder that can be opened by clicking Shared folder in the right toolbar and then clicking PC Shared Folder. After that, open LD Store to install the XAPK file. Click MORE and then click APK/XAPK management, and you will find the XAPK file that you just placed. Just click INSTALL to install that game.